Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Basted Away Again in Quilteritaville...

It's her fault!  KT always comes up with an oldie but a goodie for her posts and I sure could use a little Jimmy Buffet right about now!


It's been five days without any sewing.  LOL
The machine is out and ready to go...


My walking foot is out, cleaned and ready to go...


Look at all these pins!
This week I was able to go and buy the 2yrds of Kona Maize I needed to finish piecing the back.
About two years I strarted a quilt called Sweet Pea.  It was my first paper piecing project and I had no clue what I was doing.
Google truly is your best friend for tutorials.
I made four blocks and then set them aside to make my mom's cancer quilt.


I thought of them when I went to make the back of the Robert Kaufman challenge quilt.
Our theme was Spring and these colors remind me of all the beautiful blossoms right now.  Magnolias, tulips, vinca, crocuses, muscari and daffodils.


Here's the inspiration (sorry for the flash spot).
The sashing is really a teal color.


This is a simple quilt, but I really like the way the colors play against each other.  It cheers me up when I see it.
I think I'll just straight line quilt it.  It's a "modern" quilt and I think any frufrura quilting will only muddy the waters?  I don't know.
What do you think?


Bunny hopping on over to Freshly Pieced to get my inspiration on.
Stop on by and be amazed and encouraged by what these ladies are working on!

Decided it would be good to shame myself into a finish.
Projects started this week--0
Projects finished this week--0

Working on--
Cancer Patient Quilt Donation
Persian Garden quilt
Grandma's Dresden Garden mini quilt & table runner
Value quilt
Stars Over Indiana quilt
Jack's Chain quilt

So glad to be able to say the cabinet where I do my "paperwork" for the "farm" is cleaned out and organized.  The younger boys' room got spring cleaned this week as well.
Planted some of our seeds early indoors for planting after Mother's Day.

What have you been up to?





17 comments:

  1. How utterly simple and insanely striking! Then you have these spiky flower of colorlious love. Love, LoVe, LOVE, your use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "basted away again...." I laughed myself silly. Great start to the morning, Dee - thanks! And do I ever love what you're showing today. Definitely get that sweet pea quilt back on track - it's so cute! As for your solids quilt, I love it! And I especially love that yummy buttery colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Sweet Pea too. Finish that one, I'd love to see what it looks like. BTW, do you have the tutorial you used as your inspiration. I might like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I love the new header.
    I do agree about the quilting. I think straight line will be perfect, it's a great quilt.
    The fabrics you chose for paper piecing the sweet pea are wonderful, so much color.

    I wish I could say I got some cleaning done, but I was too busy doing taxes! I did do my bedroom. I couldn't wait to change all the heavy winter bedding for lighter summer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dee! Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Your quilt is going to be beautiful and I love that last block! Sunny wishes! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing...i love the solids and the pieced blocks are so stunning...and look really complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flower blocks are really nice, I think that they will look great on this quilt, which is also wonderful on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your paper pieced blocks! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, your basted quilt is lovely! I really like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think straight line quilting will be perfect. And I love the quilt... the flower type blocks are beautiful....and the other is very striking also....great job Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice, love the modern solid blocks.ya sure need Jimmy Buffet? or a margarita?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd go with the straight-quilting too. Love the quilt! Reminds me of paint swatch cards! Fun and colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, yes, but that is what I love about it! A pleasing design with lovely color play! Have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your work is just lovely. I love the simplicity of the Sweet Pea quilt; with the colors you chose it is really beautiful. - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, I like your solids quilt. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tBFTCBOvFN4/TnZdV0oMJAI/AAAAAAAAAts/XVoppDsG72M/s1600/Autumn+2011+113.JPG

    Thank you for the inspiration! Our modern quilt guild has the Kona (bright) charm pack challenge happening right now! As soon as I saw your take on it, I said "That's it!!".

    Love all of your work! lovely blog...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!