Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP with Lee

Good morning!
Little bit of a break in the heat this week.  Hate to think of starting school.  Loving my easy, summer hours.

Scored a huge find at a rummage sale a lady who owned a quilt shop had.

All of this organized out to this.


Yes.  Lots of pink.
$20 for all of this.  Batting bits, fabric samples, thimbles, a housewife, fat eighths, quarters and half-yard cuts, lots of scraps and an Omnigrid ruler.

Lazy days at home to sew.


Playing around with hexies.


Experiencing some disappointment with the give of Amy Butler's "Gypsy Caravan" fabric.
(shaking my head)

Playing with more hexies.


Experimenting.  Trying to figure out a pattern I saw on Pinterest.


This block can be found on Dutch Comfort's blog.


Here it is after I figured out the measurements and cut the first seven pieces.


And here it is after more cutting and ready to sew together.

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.  Heading there now to take a look at what quilters from all around the world are doing.  Hope to see you there.






5 comments:

  1. Lucky duck! That is a great haul, and it's all yours! I am liking the blocks you are working out, I love "puzzling thru" the blocks that make me want to solve them. I'm creating through my last days before it is back to the school schedule myself, I do understand first hand ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome find! I'm jealous ;P You have some nice blocks that you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Dutch Comfort's block and great score on all that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's really cool - and look at those thimbles in there. LOVE the tesselation play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I have been sadly absent. It has been full steam ahead around here lately!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!