Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WIP's And A Finish

Thank you for the encouragement and kind words on the Churn Dash quilt.
The whimsy is finished, batting and backing ready.
Now I just need a sunny day to grab a quick picture of it.
 
This sweet fabric was bought several years ago.  No selvage.  No idea where it came from or who made it.  Sigh.  But I sure do love the happiness of it all and have snippets in my Blues scrap drawer.
 
 
This scrap went into a block I made last January.  I had great plans to make a lap quilt, but I'm realizing some color combinations just don't work that way in a house full of boys.  LOL
 
 
 
 
 
So after finishing the first Churn Dash top, I sorted through my orphan blocks pile and pulled this out to finally do something with it.
 
 
I sashed it with a print from Sweetwater's "Sunkissed" line, one of my favorites!  Some meandering quilting and large-outline, hand stitching and it was ready to be made into something I know the boys will like and use.
 
 
A soft, comfy pillow to take a nap or watch a movie with.
 
One of the very first quilt stores I started shopping at is going out of business.
*Gulp*
I will miss the very creative and funny owner, but she is closing to take care of her dad after her mom's death...and I deeply admire her for that.
 
She's having a 30% off sale for October, 40% for November and December is 50% off whatever is left.  I had a chance to drive over and do some shopping and visiting.
 
 
The ones on the top are for fun and the ones on the bottom will go into a vintage linens quilt I want to start.  As soon as my other vintage quilt is finished.  Ahem.
 
I also managed to scoop up some used rulers at fantastic prices!
 
 
From $2-$5.  I love being able to use tools that have been lovingly used by someone else.  I like to think about all of the great fabrics they've seen and what they have helped make in the store.
 
 
Thinking of turning these into pillows too.  They would match a certain Metro Rings quilt made for a lovely young pair of newlyweds.
 
Linking up with:
and
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. oh I love the patchwork heart, it's so full of colour and makes a PERFECT pillow cover, I think =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifull pillow of that lovely block. Love to come back to see what you made of the blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heart pillow. And what a score you made at the quilt shop. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a wendy slotboom print called feathered friends....i have a stack of it, bought several years ago, and i never did anything with it. its very cute. i love the heart blocks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! All the projects are beautiful but I have to say the hearts stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heart pillow is lovely. Lucky you for finding some lovely fabrics for a song. You certainly are a busy gal....you have some lovely projects in the pipeline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice find at the store, sad she is going out of business. The pillow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very pretty heart cushion, and those two blocks would make a nice pair of cushions too. Lucky you finding all those bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that heart! I really need to make one soon! sorry about the shop closing but at least you have some good memories of it from these purchases :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!