Monday, August 5, 2013

Pillow Whisperer

Is sort of what I feel like right now!
LOL
 
 
The Spring Sprocket Pillow
 
 
The Tile Block Pillow
 
 
The I Don't Really Have a Name Pillow
 
 
And the newest addition, I'm Just Glad To Have Another WIP Off the Pile Pillow!
 
Ta Da!
 
This big guy is a supersized take on Camille Roskelley's Flower Girl pattern.
I made his "little sister" last year.
 
 
 
Aren't they sweet together!
LOL
 
"Big Brother" was made doubling the measurements for "Lil' Sis" with an added machine-sewn, hand appliqued hexagon flower in the center.  For quilting, I again chose to mark 1/4" dashes to hand quilt with just plain old embroidery floss.  This time, outlining "petals" on the inside as well as the outside.
 
The back is a pieced collection of purples, greens, grays and blues.  I was free piecing last winter and had a large enough section done to use for the back.
 
 
How fun is this!  There's enough purple there to make even KT jump back on the bandwagon!
LOL
Especially since they're her scraps!
 
 
I really need to give myself a kick in the patootie and work on this!
Argh!
 
Hope this week sees you getting a lot done, smiling plenty and hugging your loved ones as often as you can!
 
Don't forget to get your quiltey fix at these linky parties!
and
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! You really are the pillow whisperer right now :) I think the Tile one is my favorite - they're all so nice, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your latest pillow, they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Pillow Goodness! LOVE, Love, love all of your pillows! My favourite are big brother and little sister. Thanks for sharing all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a beautiful collection of pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful they all are. I think my favorites are the Flower Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a Sweeeeeet collection you have there! I love the brother sister pair best! Visiting from sew Cute Tuesday and I ama new follower.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  7. pillow whisperer indeed. all very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your fabric selection. These pillows are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl , I thought I was the pillow queen, so you must be the EMPRESS!!!
    They are gorgeous!!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pillows are such fun to make and almost instant gratification. It is nice to get something new and pretty without taking a bunch of time to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pillows are works of art to be studied rather than glanced at. I especially like the tile block pillow!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!