Monday, February 10, 2014

Taste of the Caribbean!

Did you have a chance to go visiting last week?
All those gorgeous projects on the linky parties?
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
These were just a tiny, small sampling of what's being created in the bloggy universe!
 
This week, I continued quilting my Bow Ties Value Quilt.
 
 
I decided on an echo quilt in the "circle" parts of the quilt.  Lots of turning the bulk of the quilt!
 
Here are two Lucy Boston's I had pieced late last year.
 
 
 
Decided to cut out another one to work on.
 
I frequently will turn a fabric over and use the reverse (wrong) side when I'm piecing.  Sometimes the fabric is just too "loud" and doing this softens the effect.
The orange polka dots were just screaming at me.
I flipped them and the pink Kaffe Fassett next to them.
 
 
Much softer, but not a lot of punch.
 
So I flipped the orange polka dot fabric back to right side up and I'm leaving the Kaffe right side down.
 
 
Much, much happier with this!
 
I'm calling these blocks my Caribbean Lucy Bostons!
 
Hope you have a great week and get a chance to visit all the linky parties for inspiration and encouragement!
 
You can also find and follow me
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


17 comments:

  1. I am intrigued with the Lucy Boston blocks! They're beautiful! My first time seeing them so I looked it up and found the book and lots of other resources. What process are you using? Did you buy paper pieces? Are you using the book Patchwork of the Crosses? Thanks in advance for any info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lucy Boston blocks are stunning! They shine like a Spring day Dee:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lucy Boston blocks are singing a happy tune of a calypso warm day!! The colour and fabric combinations are a marvel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - I'm new to Lucy Bostons! These are gorgeous! What pattern/book do you use, because I've now got to make some. Today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your Caribbean blocks are fantastic! Really like your bow tie quilt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful blocks! I've never thought of using the back of the fabric before, good tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a beautiful block! I like pink and orange together

    Stopping by from Lee's hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/02/wip-wednesday-feb-12th.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Lucy Boston blocks! I have not seen those before. Love how you flipped the Kaffe fabrics. These are going to make a fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very refreshing approach to Lucy Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen the Lucy Boston. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New to the Lucy Boston block myself ~ gorgeous!! I love the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Lucy Boston blocks look fantastic, and I love your bow tie value quilt!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for featuring my little mug rug project on your blog! What a treat to see it there! I find lots of inspiration out here in blog land. I'm so impressed with your hexie blocks. Have not tried them yet, but hope to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. there are some fabrics I just love the backs of, too! that sort of stressed/washed out look they often have is awesome.

    your fresh and juicy lucy boston blocks are so, so pretty! are you part of the swap group or just going it solo?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!