Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Beginning and An End

These are fabrics a friend and I picked out, at the same time, on a recent shopping trip. We both fell in love at the same time! We had our fabrics cut and challenged each other to make something, anything, from them...when we're done we'll play show and tell...it will be neat to see what she comes up with. Me? I have no clue what to do with them. I'm hunting through all the lovely quilts on flickr and the blogs I like for inspiration.
This is our new chair cushion! I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Very girly, but not overwhelmingly so. At least, I don't think so. Hubby and the boys like it...that helps. LOL No one but me, and those who are invited, may sit in the chair. Our boys tend to be 'boy-sterous' and we're afraid they'll knock out the wicker in the arms. Sad. Possessive. I tend to think of it as being cautious and preserving an antique.

One of the fabrics chosen. Beautiful and very shabby chic, but when it's put into triangles, not too much comes through and I think it's easier for the guys to handle.


The other fabric is a muted paisley. I cut up the pillowcase from on old bedspread. I like the way the textures play against each other.













Well, duty calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!