Sunday, August 23, 2009

What the Hex is that?

Alllll-righteee-then!  Ever have a moment when there are so many projects floating around in your head you can't get to sleep at night because you're obsessing over and contemplating them?  I was there last night. 

I played around with the 'Flying Geese' block in pinks and white.  Love it!  Going to pair it with a beautiful floral print to complete my cuddle up corner in the den.  Hubby would like to see this block develop into a full size quilt.  I don't think I have a problem with that.  LOL
I also just cut out the beginnings of a hexagon quilt.  I'm online searching for a pattern that is fresh, modern and stunning.  Found this:
This is an incredible watercolor quilt by Isabelle Etienne-Bugnot.  I'm simply in awe.  This was sort of where I would like to end up...but just starting out, I think a pattern would be incredibly necessary.  Wish me luck!
O Jesus, my Savior, with Thee I am blest,
My life and slavation, my joy and my rest;
Thy name be my theme, and Thy love be my song;
Thy grace shall inspire both my heart and my tongue.
'I Love Thee'
Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!