Monday, August 31, 2009

Well...good morning! Do you know any mules?

This is my morning.  Today, I'm the cowboy and guess who is the mule?  LOL  We're doing an essay on summer vacations.  I know, I know...we've all been there and done that so many times, we wanted to tell our teachers we'd been abducted by aliens, discovered long lost, royal relatives who whisked us away to a life of fame and leisure...because surely, those were more fun and exciting than the usual stories?  But, because life is not about alien abductions or becoming rich and royal overnight...we just gave the same old answers with the same lack of motivation.
I'm so sorry Mrs. Beetley.  Mr. Richards and Mr. Omstead.  I feel your pain.  Truly, I do.
Oldest is off to camp tomorrow for the rest of the week.  I'll miss him.  Yesterday, he was the mule. 
This is him walking away from being a child...or trying to.  Learning how to be an adult is not an easy or quick thing.  I should know.  I'm in my 40's, and I still don't have the hang of this.  I try to see it as him learning to assert his independence...until it ticks me off!  LOL  Then I see it as him being disrespectful and inconsiderate.  Poor kid.  Poor mom.  We'll muddle through I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!