Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Eye Candy is "Dandy"

I am thinking of officially petitioning God for more hours in the day.

Corrine at the Indianapolis Modern Quilt Guild asked us to make a 12.5" unfinished square using Jenean Morrison's "Moondance".  She asked us use mostly triangles, HST or Flying Geese with half of the square white.  This block was taken from Quilt.com's Block of the Month.  It was September 1997's block, and since Corrine's month was September, I thought it was fitting!


It's called "Dandy" and it was a fun block to cut and piece.  I didn't have quite enough of the clamshell fabric for the inner "star" points, so I supplemented with a complimentary light pink scrap.  I think it turned out well.


This is the test block I made to check the size and decide how to place her five fabrics.  Martha Negley alongside some fabulous anonymous fabric I picked up at a fabric store while driving to a soccer game.  LOL

Love this combination!


And here are the two blocks, side by side.  Same block pattern, just different fabrics and colors.  Wow!  What a difference!

Thanks Corrine for letting me learn a new block and play with some beautiful fabric.  I hope you like it!

Hubby sweets just called and said they had mowed down by the river and would I like to take a walk?  That's a no brainer on a gorgeous Autumn day like today.
Hope your day was blessed and that tomorrow the sun shines just as bright!

Linking up with Amy's blog for Friday Sew & Tell.  I haven't been there yet this morning, but let me tell you, there's usually some incredible creations and eye popping sewing going on!


15 comments:

  1. lol - how many signatures do you figure we need on your petition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gorgeous walk with your husband sounds nice!!! the weather is so wonderful. these blocks are so fun. i really like the pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's always fun to make a couple of projects: same pattern, different fabric. what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your blocks turned out. The fabrics you used are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink one best too. I am totally copying you on the block for my bee this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bee block posts! Glad you shared yours today too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee, both these blocks are so pretty! Love how the different fabrics give it a totally different look. I'll definitely sign your petition ;-) Glad you are enjoying the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks! I'm just nuts about the bright floral one!

    The difference fabrics and fabric placement make is definitely one of the reasons I love quilting and never tire of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are beautiful. It is amazing how different they turns out with different fabrics. Thank you for your nice words about my dining table runner on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that block pattern, I can't say that I have seen it before. I also like how your two blocks fit together.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing the difference between the blocks! I would love to sign the petition too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could sit and make blocks all day! Yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heehee, I totally agree about petitioning for more hours in the day! I love the fabrics you picked out, particularly in the second block!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely bee blocks and amazing to see the difference with the different fabrics. Hope you enjoyed your walk!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!