Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh My Stars!


This summer I started a quilt using the Modify Tradition's cheater Star Block combining vintage fabrics from sheets and pillowcases and new, modern fabric.
I believe this is some of the vintage stuff my snowbirds found for me combined with FMF that Dorrie so graciously gave me.  Another block to add to the growing pile.


Claudia asked us to make an Ohio Star for her October blocks in the ISQB.  I tested the block out using some Jennifer Paganelli fussy cuts in the center. 


I made two to go with my Dandy practice for a IMQG block from last month.


I'm not sure why I'm starting another project.  Maybe because I'm insane.  Yup.  I'm pretty sure that's it.


A few weeks ago, Amy from Sew & Tell and E from pinksuedeshoe awarded me a very special something for the Aloha quilt I posted about during the Amy Butler challenge.  It came in the mail yesterday and I did a double take at the packaging.

On the bottom, E wrote "You'll have to excuse the packaging.  Creamie was in charge."  Visit her blog to find out who her package wrapper was!

Inside was


the cutest lil' pumpkin she made!  We host Thanksgiving here for honeybuns family and this year, my family too.  This will be a perfect addition to the decorations.
Thanks E.  Thanks Amy!

Off to soccer practice!
Sleep well!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, that pumpkin is adorable! I see your practice Ohio Star. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin is just darling Dee!
    Your stars are GORGEOUS! hmmmm maybe that is what I should do with my vintage pieces of material?!! thanks for confusing me now ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these blocks. they look great. the pumpkin is so adorable and the packaging is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving those stars. so colorful and cheery!

    so are you saying that having multiple projects going is a problem? guess i got a big problem! sewing things just inspires me to sew other things---all at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee- cute pumpkin with the polka dots and fuzzy stem. P.S. love to my insane friend with many projects.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!