Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friday Finish!

If you've never been to the Friday Finish over at Amy's, you are really missing out on some truly gorgeous, creative, beautiful and fun projects showcased for Sew & Tell!

This week, my finish is a surprise for someone very special.


Just a sneak at part of something fun heading out in the mail soon.
I watched a tutorial on machine peicing hexies.
Lady Harvatine's technique is awesome.  I love hexies, but they're rough on the hands!  LOL

This lil' something was fun to choose fabrics for and learn a new way to make something I like-that much easier to make!  What could be better!

 
A look at the back and machine quilting I finished this morning.  I tried to backstitch to anchor the inner hexies' quilting (somethine I saw someone else do), but I don't like the look as much as doing it the old fashioned way.

I used my ruler to enlarge the hex template I used on this and cut out 42 (42 more to go) hexies from Breakfast at Tiffany's charmpack from Moda.  The other 42 will come from the Fresh Cotton line.


Something with a fall palette, but without being so kitchy.

Also finished was my October block for Claudia at the ISQB.


She chose these incredibly bright, happy fall colors!  I just love them!  My points were off on this a little bit.  No amount of seam ripping and reworking would make them exact.  Ratz!  I hate that!

Jessica from the ISQB sent my this lovely block


to round out the number I have received to 10.  I can't wait to make more of these and get the top finished!
Thanks ladies for helping with a quilt full of friendship and memories!

I'll leave you with the view this afternoon from our backyard.  I'm really enjoying these Indian Summer days.  Lots of sunshine and warmer than normal temperatures.
It could stay this way until next spring!

Hope your weekend is blessed and full of fun times!

12 comments:

  1. That is definitely some quilting loveliness...I love the fabrics you choice, and the hexies look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your hexi quilt with the big hexies-fun and colorful and you can really the big florals.

    Thanks for the link-I'm off to check it out and for your comment on my drunkard's path-I love your quilting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty mix of colors! I like the hexies and am glad you shared the link to help with those!
    (I found you via Amy's link up)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little quilt looks adorable! and the quilting bee blocks are wonderful, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you tried the hexagons!

    They look wonderful as do all your other blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome eye candy. Love all the delicious fabrics on show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dee,

    Your block for Claudia looks fabulous. Love the
    Breakfast at Tiffany's fabric and your hexagon is a real cutie. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been away too long and am trying to play catch up! Love, love, love your newest piece. Lucky recipient! I looked at this tutorial too and want to try it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hexagons. The fabrics are gorgeous. Very pretty block for Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh! you do beautiful work! can you please fly out to AZ and teach me?!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!