Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Never Forgotten


A Veteran’s Day Prayer

Dear Lord,
Today we honor our veterans,
worthy men and women
who gave their best
when they were called upon
to serve and protect their country.
We pray that you will bless them, Lord,
for their unselfish service
in the continual struggle
to preserve our freedoms, our safety,
and our country’s heritage, for all of us.
Bless them abundantly
for the hardships they faced,
for the sacrifices they made
for their many different contributions
to America’s victories
over tyranny and oppression.
We respect them, we thank them,
we honor them, we are proud of them,
and we pray that you will watch over
these special people
and bless them with peace and happiness.
In Jesus’ name we pray; Amen.

By Joanna Fuchs





Thank you, one and all...

I wanted to share some watercolor quilting with you today.


This is a small pillow I'm still working on...well, it only needs stuffed and sewn shut...but I'm a great procrastinator!

This is a pillow sham for our bed.  I'm bummed about the color, because the fabrics are so beautiful!


Looking at them as photos (an idea someone from another blog gave me), shows me where I should have worked a little harder to blend in the fabrics.
These are all 2"x2" squares before sewing.  So, you see, the 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" squares I'm working with now aren't that new to me!






Yesterday, I took the mini quilt pattern to be copied again. I didn't realize there were two different templates. When I asked the person helping me to increase the size by 50%, I thought it looked a little big?

I got home and have two different sizes of templates.  So, it's back to the UPS Store to have more copies made so I can work on the snowflake paper piece project.  Argh!

Today is a med check for Middlest.  Routine 6 month to check weight, progress etc.  He's getting an A in classic Literature and an A+ in the science class he takes at our local middle school.  I would say an A in Spanish and B's in Algebra I.  I don't grade his grammar (also part of his Lit and Greek/Latin root word class) because we're working on writing essays...focusing more on the basics and form than a grade.  I'm also not grading him for US History. 

We're using a curriculum that's based on the monuments in and around Washington D.C.  So cool.  He's learning Washington's "Rules of Civility" right now.  We also just watched "Arlington", a PBS video about the national cemetary...its history, customs and importance to our nation.

Very fitting given today's significance.

Remember them all...pray for those still serving...and thank you to their families and friends who unselfishly serve at home while their loved ones serve us and them!

5 comments:

  1. Nice tribute to Veteran's Day, Dee :) Pretty pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pillow is BEAUTIFUL! I think it looks perfect the way it is! That is a really neat idea! (I could never do it and have it turn out!) You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen!! Love the watercolor quilting you're doing! It's so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said.

    I love your watercolor piece. I think you did a great job. I have been accumulating a bunch of squares for this type of project but am not brave enough to try it yet. Yours looks great.

    Glad your son is doing so well in school. Sounds like a great curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a lovely tribute. thanks. the pillow you are working on is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!