Wednesday, March 3, 2010




Bloggers are some of the kindest people I know!  You're always giving, always caring always willing to pitch in and pray, quilt, sew, ship etc!  Yesterday I just wanted to post a title for the picture that matched what can happen to us sometimes.  Life using a taser gun to knock you off your feet!  Hubby sweets was having a bad day yesterday and called me when he saw poor Clyde the Cat.  He laughed so hard!  That's what I was hoping for: laughter.

I got a couple of phone calls yesterday from people I dearly love who had been "tasered" in the last couple of weeks and days.  Their struggles sort of knocked me off my feet and Clyde was about the only way I could express what I was feeling.  So often, I deal with things (and other people's things) better if I can use humor to help me.  So thanks to Kelly for sending me Clyde in an email yesterday.  He sure helped!

Last week, I was honored to receive the

from Madeline.

Maddy is one of my Incredible Shrinking Quilters' Bee buds.  I highly, highly recommend perusing her blog.  She has incredible, outside the box, on the edge quilting going on and that she shares from her corner of the world!  From her quotes, to her posts on art, she always helps me learn something that's new, interesting and exciting!  Well worth a trip over!  She is truly a Beautiful Blogger!

In return for accepting this truly humbling award, I'm going to look to 7 other women who have inspired me, encouraged me, challenged me and made me think and laugh to also award.

Because she makes me smile!

For her charity auction quilts!

For hosting Friday Finishes!

Because she makes skirts for little girls in need!

Because she's either Lucy or Ethel and not knowing which is awesome!

A new blogger to me who makes incredible quilts and has cute toes!

Who has a heart as big as the world!

Did I mention what else this award entails?  LOL  I'm to share only seven (from among the hundreds) peculiar things about myself.
Did you pack a lunch?
Do you need to go to the bathroom before we start?
All set?
Comfy?

Okay, here we go:

I have perfect toes.  My second toe is not longer than my big toe.  Yes, it's okay for you to check yours right now.

I am an outtie.  I have a cute little nubbin of a belly button.

I have a widow's peak.

I can whistle classical music.

I have a brazillion freckles.

I cannot tell my left from right when giving directions and still have to make that little "L" with my left hand to tell which is which.  I'm soooo much fun to ride and drive with!

I stop, slow down or speed up, Time.
My body chemistry is so weird, I can't wear a watch.
My grandma was, and my mom is like this too.

There.  That wasn't so bad now was it?  LOL

I leave you with this
















6 comments:

  1. humor is excellent medicine...i cracked up about having to make the L with your hand for directions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need you to slow down time this morning because I'm having a hard time waking up and I need to meet a friend for coffee before work. AND -- I just commented here, it wouldn't go through for some reason, and now I'm experiencing deja vu! Thank you so much for the award, you beautiful blogger, you! I will have to think hard about those peculiar things, because anything peculiar about me has come to be my "normal". LOL

    Okay, let's see if this comment will go through....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed a beautiful blogger. Hope the back half of your week is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your are one of sweetest gals in the blogophere! Thanks for this kindness!

    I have imperfect toes. My second toe (and all of the others) and much smaller than my big toe. I still think they are kinda cute, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your very well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank-you so much Dee for this award. The feeling is mutual, I always manage to crack a smile when I look at your blog! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!