Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Skunk!

Apparently, our house is the new hot spot in the neighborhood.  We don't charge cover, the music is happening (Toby Mac), the buffet will be open soon (a good thing and a bad *gulp* thing) and the owners are friendly!

Looking out my window while lesson planning for school.
Again, a swift swath of color in the corner of my eye.
Along comes Mr. Skunk.
I wanted to take a picture, but ahem...didn't think my celebrity animal would like that.
Sew, I just followed him around the house as he went from the side yard to the back yard to the neighbor's yard.
I was inside following him from window to window.
As I often tell my boys, "I am not stupid!"

On my sewing table.  5x5" pieces of vintage sheets, pillowcases and some new fabric that looks vintage.  I like the blues, purples, pinks and greens together.

This is a layout I've already sewn together into a block.  I go back and forth between liking the oranges and yellows in there, and not.  What do you think?

Another block.  I'm thinking they will be 4 x 4 patches with sashing sewn around them.  At least, that's what they were telling me they wanted to be.

Isobel has been helping me in the family room and we are making progress.  I'm too cheap economical to rent a steamer, and this stuff is on there tighter than a wedgie given by a 12 year old boy!  Ick!

Some reality here.  I hate this room right now!  LOL  I hated it before too!  This is where the tv, gaming systems, movies, some toys are at.  This is where the 9-11 kids who hang out at our house in the summer congregate when it's too dang hot outside.
They have thrashed my couch.  My couch that I lay on when I'm really tired or sick and need to sleep propped up.  I love this couch.  Mother and father in love gave it to hubs snookums and I when we got married.  It needs help.  I'm working on finding the exact fabric I want to make a slipcover for it.
The carpet looks like it's been in a room with this many kids, Doritos, popcorn, freezie pops and juice boxes.  And there's a huge stain I'm praying is chocolate milk.
It will get cleaned when I'm all done painting.
My elliptical is trapped on the other side.  We miss each other.

Is it wrong to curse construction people?  And the people that just papered over the other stuff?
I'm losing my inspiration here people.


God bless our men and women in uniform!  Who labor day after day.  "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."  They bring us such lovely, happy packages.  Like the one from Penny that brought me my new fat quarters!  Thank you Penny.

Well, I leave you with this

 
Hope your day is awesome!

11 comments:

  1. Good thing I have to get groceries or I might feel sorry and come over and pull wall paper. I HATE WALLPAPER!!!!!!! There, I feel better now. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too economical:) to rent a steamer, too, so I bought a cheap fabric steamer from Walmart and it works pretty well. I have removed mounds of wallpaper with it! I may join you in cursing people who use layers of wallpaper and ridiculous painting/texturing techniques. If it's not easily covered up or removed, don't do it! Just my two cents:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't envy you the job of removing wallpaper. The last house we bought before this one we had to remove wallpaper from the whole main floor. It was AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your vintage fabrics. I agree yellow and orange are hard to balance.

    Wow! That's a mess of wallpaper! It will look great in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no skunks in Germany and I gotta say I don't miss them.

    I love a pop of orange and/or yellow but it is hard to decide when...

    I hate wallpaper. HATE. have you tried scoring it and spraying it with either that stuff they sell at major diy stores? Or I've heard you can use a mix of liquid fabric softener and water. I found it messy but very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Toby Mac! (Lose my Soul, Gone, Made to Love, Burn for you!)

    Anyways you are really enabling me to hit the Goodwill store, I want more vintage shoots, you have been totally inspiring me Dee!

    Sorry about your wall paper, I can't even imagine, wish I lived close and could help you :)

    Another question, what fabric (fat quarters) is that floral fabric in the last picture you shared?!! so pretty!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my...that room looks like a huge undertaking. i bet it is going to be amazing once you get it all finished and the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little blocks.

    About your wallpaper room---I say just leave it and tell people it could be an ancient Roman artifact and must be preserved :). Have you tried that tool that perforates the wallpaper so you can spritz it with the solution to moisten it? HGTV makes it look SO easy...

    P.S. I gave you a Sunshine Award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wallpaper is my enemy! Just keep thinking how great it will look when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your skunk decides to move on before someone gets sprayed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know much about removing wallpaper. Good luck with that. Loving the vintage blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!