Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sweetest Lil' Block

My Shoo Fly block for Suzanna.
I had so much fun with this one.
I used 2.5" squares and then used the sandwich method for the HST.  Suzanna sent us a piece of flexible, clear 8"x8" plastic to sort of "frame" the block and sashing to help us see where to cut for the wonkiness of the completed block.

These are my finished test blocks I'm keeping for a quilt for me of all the blocks we've made through the year.  I will make a label with each lady's information so I can always remember how we met and which block they asked for.

Confession time.
I'm an addict.
Surfing flickr can be a baaaaad thing!
LOL
I've found some yummy new groups to join.

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Sew yesterday, I put all my vintage sheets, pillowcases, fabric and fabric that I think looks vintage enough to go with the real stuff, on the dining room table.  I'm sorting through by color and am going to go Google how to tame the larger pieces of fabric into manageable sized pieces to begin piecing, swapping or selling.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

6 comments:

  1. I commented on the ISQ blog earlier thinking that you were done with your block. Now I realize it is your practice block. Well -- next best thing, I guess! I have a lot of catching up to do over spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are going to make a very spring feeling quilt.
    I can also relate to just hanging out at flickr for a very, very long time. It's so addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I love all your blocks. They have a springy feel to them. You have a great idea for using your test blocks. That will be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet colours for your practice blocks - what a nice quilt it's going to make! I'm looking forward to making that shoo-fly block for Suzanna. It will be a relief after the NYB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shoo fly block! I've been thinking I need to do a quilt with those, they are so sweet.

    And any time I surf flickr I end up with more - "I need to do one of those" on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds so exciting...i love vintage linen. i need to gather up some more. i have some old pillowcases and maybe one sheet left.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from bloggers wherever you are!